We recently posted a Facebook update informing you about the breach that consumer credit agency, Equifax, experienced September 7. Getting the word out was important, but now we want to help protect you further. Did you know that we offer important tools to help with identity theft recovery? We want to make sure you’re aware of all your options when it comes to protecting yourself against the Equifax breach and any possible future threats of fraud that might occur.
Recap: Equifax breach
First, let’s review what the Equifax breach means for you. This data breach potentially affected 143 million US consumers and included Social Security numbers, names, addresses, driver’s license numbers and credit card numbers. To determine if your information was compromised, visit the website set up by Equifax to handle the breach at https://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com. Keep in mind that while millions of people’s data was breached, very few have currently become victims of identity theft.
Protecting your information
If you’re someone whose data has been breached, you are eligible for a free year of credit and identity monitoring as well as insurance coverage from Equifax. Monitor your transactions and credit reports to make sure nothing is out of place when it comes to your finances. However, if you do suspect fraud, don’t hesitate to report it immediately. This is where we come in.
How we can help
Our LifeNow Rewards program, powered by Bazing, includes identity theft recovery. If you have a Value or Premium checking account with CNB, you have full access to our LifeNow Rewards program, powered by BaZing. As soon as you suspect that your identity may have been stolen, contact BaZing to put in a claim and be connected to a fraud specialist.
The Fraud Specialist will help you reclaim your identity, and minimize damage, through three important services.
- Payment Card Fraud Resolution: A fraud specialist will personally walk you through the process of cancelling your debit and credit cards and help you get new ones.
- Personal Identity Theft: You will be reimbursed for covered expenses to restore your identity up to a certain amount. This includes illegal use of your name, Social Security number or any identifying information.
- Identity Restoration: You will receive a personal fraud specialist who will be on hand to help you restore your identity, credit rating, and other legal and financial aspects that are harmed.
Your peace of mind and financial security are of the utmost importance to us, and we want to make sure you have the available resources needed to deal with a crisis like this. For more information and tips to deal with fraud, you can check out this article on our website, What BaZing Members Need to Know, about dealing with the Equifax breach.
In order to take advantage of our identity theft recovery, you have to be enrolled in our LifeNow Rewards program. If you aren’t already, it’s super simple to get started.
- Visit our LifeNow Rewards site.
- In the upper-left corner, click the “Get Started” button
- Enter your email address and choose a temporary password
If you’re ever a victim of fraud, you can always use our identity theft recovery services (although, of course, we hope you won’t have to).